The Telespar sign post system consists of square, perforated, welded steel tubing, in eight sizes and three gauges. Perforations or knockouts on all four sides allow you to mount signs on all four sides, back-to-back, and on adjacent sides.
The unique manufacturing method used to produce Telespar sign post tubing permits tubular sections of different sizes to telescope into the next larger size making adjustment, reinforcement and splicing fast and easy. Telespar tubing’s square shape also provides superior windload capabilities and torsional stability.
Telespar sign post tubing is complemented by a variety of compatible fittings, accessories, nuts and bolts, and simple installation tools, creating an engineered system of integrated parts.
Telespar Sign Post Features
• Easy, safe installation by hand or power
• Convenient sign mounting before installation
• Superior torsional strength
• Versatile, four-sided sign mounting at any height
• Fast, economical replacement of damaged sign posts
• Reusable materials
• FHWA approved yielding capability
Telespar Standard Sizes
Part Number Tube Size (in) Wall Thickness (Gauge) Weight/Ft in Lbs.
- 16D12 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ 14 (0.083″) 1.71
- 20D12 2″ x 2″ 14 (0.083″) 1.99
- 14F12 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ 12 (0.105″) 1.70
- 16F12 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ 12 (0.105″) 2.06
- 20F12 2″ x 2″ 12 (0.105″) 2.42
- 22F12 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″ 12 (0.105″) 2.77
- 24F12 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ 12 (0.105″) 3.14
- 21H12 2-3/16″ x 2-3/16″ 10 (0.135″) 3.43
- 24H12 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ 10 (0.135″) 4.01
- 16D12-QP 1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″ 14 (0.083″) 1.71
- 20D12-QP 2″ x 2″ 14 (0.083″) 1.99
All part numbers above are available in Pre-Galvanized and Plain Steel, except the Qwik Punch. All parts (except Qwik Punch) are available in solid or perforated. Full line of anchors and sleeves are also available, contact Unistrut Midwest for more information!
Sign Post Accessories
Unistrut Midwest carries a full range of Telespar Square Post hardware and accessories. The items we carry in stock are:
- Corner Bolts– Small (2″ Anchor), Medium (2.25″ and 2.5″ Anchor), and Large (2.5″ and 3″ Anchor)
- Drive Rivets– Provide the convenience of a one-piece fastener with effective tamper-resistant design and fast installation
- Lock Pins– Gravity lock pins provide a quick, temporary connection between telescoping tube sections.
- Telespar fittings– Specially designed fittings to match up with the hole pattern on Telespar Sign Posts
Sign Post Anchors
Square Posts vs U-Channel Sign Posts
If you think square posts cost more than U-Channel, then you’d better look again.
- Cut Down on Installation Time- Typical square sign post installations require 1/2 the materials of U-Channel posts. which reduces the installation time in half and can save a good deal of money on labor costs.
- Reduce Materials- Because Telespar is square, signs may be attached to all four sides without the need for mounting brackets, further reducing cost of materials
- Greater Torsional Stability- Telespar exhibits greatly improved sign stability when compared to U-Channel. This stability eliminates post damage due to flutter, saving replacement time and money
- Fewer Signposts….Fewer obstacles- Because multi-sign, single-post installations greatly reduce the number of sign posts needed, damage done by vehicle impact is reduced
- Safer Installation- All procedures in a Telespar installation are done at ground level (No more ladders or Hi-Lifts Needed). Telespar can be safely and easily erected by a single worker.